Earn Money On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Join Now!
Y2k Hats New Jeans Bunny Ears Hat Kpop Outfits for Women Woman's Baseball Cap Hip-hop Beanies Grunge Girl Caps HDLTE Women Wide Leg Jeans High Waist Baggy Jeans for Women Loose Boyfriends Jeans Denim Pants Y2K 90s Sunzel Flare Leggings, Crossover Yoga Pants with Tummy Control, High-Waisted and Wide Leg

BTS Breaks A New Record As “Permission To Dance” Dethrones “Butter” For #1 On Billboard Hot 100 Chart

Beautiful Females

After seven consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, BTS‘s “Butter” has been dethroned.

E6rL83IXIAobfLu

Once again, Suga has accurately predicted (or manifested). Recently, in BTS’s Butter CD Single unboxing video, he said that “Butter” would remain on the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for seven weeks then be replaced by “Permission to Dance.”

unnamed-10
Jimin (left) and Suga (right) | BANGTANTV/YouTube

Now, Billboard has officially announced that “Permission to Dance” has, in fact, moved moved “Butter” to No. 7 spot while it takes the No. 1 spot. In the week ending with July 15, “Permission To Dance” made a successful debut as it “drew 15.9 million U.S. streams, 1.1 million radio airplay audience impressions, and sold 140,100 downloads.” Meanwhile, “Butter” had 49,800 Digital Song Sales (down 54%) but had a 4% gain to 11.2 million on Streaming Songs and a 2% gain to 29.7 million on Radio Songs. Nonetheless, “Butter” had the “steepest slide from No. 1 on the Hot 100 after at least seven weeks on top since Santana‘s ‘Maria Maria,’ featuring The Product G&B, fell to No. 8 after 10 weeks at the summit in June 2000.”

E6rLxiNWEAA2nej

“Permission to Dance” is BTS’s fifth Hot 100 No. 1. Previously, “Dynamite” held the spot for three weeks, “Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat)” with Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo for one week, “Life Goes On” also for one week, then “Butter” for seven weeks. “Permission to Dance” is also the group’s fourth No. 1 debut since “Dynamite,” “Life Goes On,” and “Butter” as they have all debuted at No. 1 on the Hot 100. BTS are also the first band to earn four No. 1 debuts on the Hot 100. They are the fourth act with at least four first-place arrivals after Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, and Drake.

E6rYaf0XMAcEB0T

Billboard also revealed that BTS has achieved their Hot 100 No. 1’s over a span of 10 months and two weeks, which is the “quickest accumulation of five leaders since Michael Jackson.” Over the course of nine months and two weeks in 1977-88, Jackson summed his five songs all from his album Bad, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” with Siedah Garrett, “Bad,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “Man in the Mirror” and “Dirty Diana.” However, The Beatles still have the record for the quickest span of five Hot 100 No. 1s. They earned their first five in exactly six months during 1964 with “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” “She Loves You,” “Can’t Buy Me Love,” “Love Me Do,” and “A Hard Day’s Night.”

E6rYz7RWQAQY0mf

In addition to BTS being the first band in history to gain four No. 1 debuts, they are the first artist to dethrone themselves “since Drake, whose ‘In My Feelings’ ended the eight-week reign of ‘Nice for What’ on the July 21, 2018 chart.” BTS is also one of five groups to replace themselves as No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart. Previously, The Beatles did in 1964, Boyz II Men in 1994, Outkast in 2004, and Black Eyed Peas in 2009. They are also the first band to earn four No. 1 debuts on the Hot 100.

“Permission to Dance” is Ed Sheeran‘s fourth No. 1 as a songwriter. This follows his credits with Justin Bieber’s “Love Yourself” (two weeks at No. 1, 2016) and his own songs “Shape” and “Perfect.” “Permission to Dance” has five writer credits: Ed Sheeran, Jenna Andrews, “Steve Mac” McCutcheon, and John McDaid.

BTS posted on Twitter to celebrate and thank ARMYs for handing “the baton” from “Butter” to “Permission to Dance.”

RM, Suga, Jimin, and Jin have also expressed their excitement and gratitude on Weverse.

Screenshot_20210719-141215_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

I’m so emotional right now! Honestly, I’ve grown kind of numb to both happiness and sadness because it has been so long since I got to see you all in person. But today, I’d like to close my eyes, dance away, and really embrace this feeling… because I am happy for sure!

Thank you so much for making me feel this way. I’m truly honored. I am forever grateful.

I hope we can come together soon, because I really can’t wait to share these moments with you in person!

Thank you with all of my heart 🥰

— RM

Screenshot_20210719-133433_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

I give everyone permission to dance!!! Let us dance away in joy today! Thank you so much ARMYs T-T

— Suga

Screenshot_20210719-133513_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

Wait, no way?! Is this supposed to make sense?

— Jimin

Screenshot_20210719-142117_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

Thank you so much once again for your endless love and support. And I’ll continue to work hard. Please stay happy. We want you to be happy.

— Jimin

Screenshot_20210719-142123_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

My phone kept buzzing so I checked and it said PTD is #1. I’d share a picture of me bowing down too T-T I’ll keep working harder, thank you! thank you love you army

— Jin

Screenshot_20210719-142233_Weverse
| BTS/Weverse

Meanwhile, ARMYs have also taken to social media to celebrate with BTS.



from Koreaboo https://ift.tt/3eSLbNd

إرسال تعليق

BEJONS Women Long Sleeve Cropped Super Crop Top Hoodies Sweatshirt Aesthetic Punk Hip Hop Dance Sexy Rave Cloth Heart Shaped Sunglasses Fashion Ski Goggles Oversize Love Glasses for Women Men Fun Eyewear Eyeglass
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.